My Stories

Real Life Happens

September 28, 2016,0 Comments

Life happened and I didn’t always have it in me to write anything, talk about anything or even have the energy to do anything… BUT that has all changed. For just over a year and a half now I have officially gone through what they call "adulting". Everything that has happened up until today has changed me to make me stronger and life itself has gone on it’s own joy ride.

To quickly sum up what has happened, I’ve decided to break it down, cut a loooooong story short and highlight 8 of the many life changing moments of Glorious 2015 and Unexpected 2016.



























1. MOVING ON

March 2015 brought two life changing events. The first was leaving my job to pursue a career as a freelance graphic designer. I craved freedom and took a huge risk to leave a secure job and wonder into the unknown. Exactly one week after I ventured off on my own, my grandparents both passed away in a head-on car collision. The Saturday following Resignation Monday was the very last time I was going to see my grandparents. Little did I know that the following Wednesday was going to change my life. I started my business Golden Tech. but at the same time I had lost two amazing people who inspired me to start.
2. LOSING

Losing my grandparents must have been the worst, absolutely most agonizing time of our lives. 
I loved my grandparents with my whole heart. I admired their true love for each other and for still being in love after so many years. I was very blessed to have the sweetest, loving, caring, inspiring and most AWESOME grandparents who gave us everything possible. They not only spoiled us with gifts, but showed us that no matter what, love conquers all.  
























3. LIVING

In this time of complete unknown, I had a handful of amazing friends who helped me stay positive. They spoiled me rotten and took me places every weekend. During this time we met a great group of foreigners, who remind us that there is still so much to explore in this world and that it is never too late to chase those dreams. 

























4. LOVE

I fell in love. 
I’m not going to pour out all the details, but I can tell you this, I have never been so lucky and blessed to have such an amazing person who loves me for just the way I am, supports, motivates, encourages, spoils and has been there for me no matter what. He has really looked after me and I could not have gotten where I am today if it were not for him.
























5. LOVE and HATE

A few months after I met the boyfriend, I land the best job in the world. I finally had a job that allowed me to work from home, work with amazing colleagues and have an awesome salary. 
Yes, HAD.

Before things went sour, I bought a new car and really started enjoying life. Literally out of NOWHERE, one week after I got my car, March 2016, the company retrenched myself and 22 other people. I was asked to continue working and was told that I would be paid for both March and April at the end of April, but we still weren’t paid. I was then promised an income to get me through the following three months until I found a job. I was never paid. I still have not been paid and am currently owed a ridiculous amount of money. It has been 7 months of pure frustration and hell. Unfortunately still to this day, we are fighting. 
























6. NEW ADVENTURES

After experiencing a not so fortunate career, I decided it’s now or never and have officially started This Jones. Even though things have been unbelievably scary, I have not given up and even through all the ups and downs I have had some of the most rewarding experiences ever. Learning, growing and improving myself in all aspects has allowed me to know how to say no and when to say yes; work hard to get up every single morning even though you fall hard the night before; and to enjoy the little luxuries in life we forget we have.

























7. INDEPENDENCE

I admire each and every person who runs their own business. THERE IS SO MUCH TO DO! 
Behind the scenes there is more chaos and admin than anything else. Time is never enough! I truly admire CEO’s, owners and any successful, honest person running a small or international business. My independence has taught me a lot of things and has allowed me to grow and aim higher and higher each day. An old friend always said "onwards and upwards". During this life changing time, I could not think of 3 better words.     
























8. THE FUTURE

I have recently discovered that there are always options when it seems like there is none. There are so many things I have yet to discover and there are so many other things I still want to share. Who knows what the future has to hold! Stay tuned, stay in touch, follow up and I invite you to join me on this little adventure. 




You Might Also Like

0 comments: