Tom Yum Gai – Budget Style


Seeing as I was in Thailand and the fact that I miss Thai food like crazy, Tom Yum Gai was the perfect recipe for today. Since I've been back, everything I eat MUST either have chili's or something spicy.

This recipe has a little twist. I'm calling it the Budget Style. We will all agree that food has become so damn expensive, especially here in South Africa. For this reason, I have tried replacing the usual Tom Yum Gai ingredients with other things. Don't worry though, it still tastes very similar to the real thing. If you want to make an awesome Tom Yum, go here. I made that exact recipe not too long ago and it was amazing. Now, for the rest of us, here is my budget style Tom Yum Gai:

Serves: 5- 6 people
Cooking Time: +/- 30 – 45 minutes

Ingredients:  
4 chicken breasts (sliced into cubes)
1250 ml boiling water
1 chicken stock cube
1/2 a big onion (finely chopped)
1/2 green pepper (chopped)
100g sliced mushrooms
2 tomatoes (chopped)
1 tsp Garlic, crushed or grated.
1 tsp Ginger
1 tbls lemon juice
1 tbls Fish Sauce
1 tsp sugar
4 small Red Chili (sliced into halves)
 



 
 


Optional: Serve with a small portion of Thai Jasmine rice.

Share:

0 comments