Adventures in Thailand continued: Part 02

As I was mentioning earlier there has been many events that I have been wanting to share with you but just haven't had the time or the energy to do so. As I sit here in the empty cafe of the hostel, being chewed by mozzies, I try to think back on all the funny things that happen, I just hope that I don't forget to mention any of them.

My experience with the Sky Train:
- Awesome Moment: Finally understanding how it works and when to hop on and off.
- Awkward Moment:
1. Getting chowed by the walk through jaws of life. They have these funny gate mechanisms you walk through. Once you put your little ticket in, the two teeth of this gate opens and you walk through. If you like me and you carrying a lot of bags, the gate mistakes your bag for you and once you half way through it closes on you. It was quite funny for the locals to watch this western chick try and go in and out of these.
2. I was taking the sky train for my first time all on my own. I was so proud of myself for being so independent I didn't think of holding onto something as these trains tend to slow down relatively quickly. On one occasion the train came to a sudden stop and without thinking I tried grabbing on something lower down. I accidentally grabbed the guy's crotch standing next to me. This guy was not impressed with me and all I could do was apologize even though he didn't understand a word I was saying.


Share:

0 comments