Willem Law - Photographer

I've known Willem for as long as I can remember. We surfed  Big Bay, drank together and mostly always had a good time hanging out. Willem is one of the happiest people I know... always smiles, always happy to meet new people and never turns down a visit. Currently he is working on the cruise ships as a photography and I'm sure he will come back to South Africa with loads of stories to tell...
Ladies and Gents meet Willem...



**ALSO don't steal his photos... they belong to Willem... go make your own!**



  • Give a brief short introduction to Willem Law
    Hmmm… Born and bred South African. Grew up in the comfort of Bellville Suburbia Confines. I’m just another guy from a city that hopes I think enough to make sense to others. Love procrastination.



  • Why Photography and where do you get your inspiration from?

    Photography pretty much fell into my lap after a personal tragedy. I don’t really have any inspiration from anyone except the usual big shots. Can't shoot landscapes and try to press the button at the right time.



  • Is there anything specific you like to showcase/portray/ "speak" through your pictures?

    Seeing as I have too many influences I cant honestly say that my work speaks any message.
    I just try to show the cool times behind the truth... Any photo should speak for itself.

  • Where do you see yourself one day/ your dream career?

    Photo/visual editor of a magazine. Not in the sense that I want to be the boss but I want to make sure what goes to the public is quality and still get my hands into the work.



  • What is your favourite thing(s) (can be anything clothes, stones, objects, animals whatever rocks your boat)?

    You probably wont guess it if you see mine, but shoes.





  • What do you enjoy doing in your spare time?

    Quite easily get bored... so anything basically. I enjoy outdoor activities like bodyboarding and camping but on average probably reading or in front of the television (Microsoft Word doesn’t recognize the word telly?)... watching a movie. 



  • if you could be anywhere right now, where would that be and why?

    Betty’s Bay, Western Cape, South Africa. It’s a beautiful place and it easily swallows you in. Time isn’t registered there.



  • What’s your secret place in cape town (could be a place you enjoy going to, or what you think makes cCT?

    I have no idea how to get there... if it's closed or open on an obscure time of the day... but its called Roxy’s. Probably every and anyone who lives in Cape Town will know exactly where it is. For me it’s a safe haven of Italian influences and really good coffee that only appears when necessary. 




Share:

0 comments